Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Christmas Vacation....that is what I'm calling my time away from my blog. Things have been so crazy here. I needed time to think. Our family is struggling and that kills me. I know what we are going through will only make us stronger and better, but it sucks right now! I'm hoping that things are finally turning around. I got more hours at work and things are going well at work for Eric. But you know what, I'm not going to dwell on the bad things right now. I will focus on what is most important and that is my boys. I will do a Christmas post soon :)

Oliver is now 3 months old and is growing like a weed! He is 16 pounds....crazy, right?! We have to measure his height again at home. According to the nurse, he hasn't grown in a month...yeah right! He is maxing out his 6 month sleepers. I had to bring out the 9 and 12 month clothes tonight. He is wearing some 12 month shirts, but most of those won't fit for another month. At least I hope he can make it that long!

I love this picture of the boys. Jamie is such a good big brother. He always wants to help. Back to Oliver! He is smiling all the time. He has the biggest smile and the biggest brown eyes I have ever seen! I'm so happy that I got a brown-eyed baby :) He is such a wiggle butt also, a mover and a groover. I can't believe some of the things he is doing already. The other day, I sat him on the couch, kind of half laying down and sitting. I was standing by him and he pulled himself forward and sat there for a few seconds before falling back on the pillow. He has been doing that a lot. He is sleeping through the night and has been for over a month now. He eats around 8 or 9 and then is down until 9 the next morning. Both boys sleep well! He also eats like a little piggy. In the morning, I make him some cereal or oatmeal with about 2 1/2 ounces of apple juice and water (he doesn't like the cereal with formula and neither did Jamie) and then either a 6 or 8 ounce bottle after that. He has 8 ounce bottle during the day and sometimes he throw in a 10 ounce bottle. I can't believe it! I am now charting everything he eats this month and when we go in for his 4 month check-up at the end of this month, I can show the doc and tell her we are starting him on food...haha! We actually started Jamie on food at 4 months also. I know that is super early, but the formula wasn't cutting it anymore. And the doctor said we could.



Jamie is such a precious boy. Don't get me wrong, we do have our issues with him, he is 2! I feel bad for him right now because his 2 year molars are coming in. He has 3 of those babies coming in right now. He does really well when he is teething. He has never gotten one tooth in at a time. I'm happy about that though, get it over with! The molars don't seem to be bothering him that much. He gets a little extra cranky during the day. We are still working on the potty training deal, but not as much as I would like. I think that once he goes potty on his potty chair, he will be so excited and will want to keep doing it. The hard part is getting to that point. I think I'm going to make that one of my new year's resolutions....to work harder and get him potty trained.

My little Packer's fan.....who happen to be in the playoffs!

I love this picture....man, I say that a lot! I have a picture of myself around the same age that is very similar to this one. Jamie is talking up a storm. He is also getting easier to understand. He loves to play music and sing. He really enjoyed watching the marching bands in the Rose Parade and during the Rose Bowl. He then started to play music and told me, "play band mommy." I get such a kick out of him. Oh, we out the boys in their new room. Well, Oliver is still sleeping in our room. Their old room is now the play room. We finally moved Jamie's race car bed over last weekend. He is such a big boy, sleeping in a big boy bed. He has truck sheets and a blanket for it, along with his baby blankets and about a hundred Micky Mouse! Ok, he only has 4 in there right now :)

Look at those chubby cheeks!

How many takes does it take to get a good Christmas picture?! 17! I hear my bed calling my name, so I think I'm going to give in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment