Sunday, January 23, 2011

Go Pack Go!

I may live in Michigan, but I am from Wisconsin and therefore, I am a huge Packer fan. And, they just happen to be going to the Superbowl!! It is an exciting day for us. Jamie loves to watch football. He kept shouting, go pack go and yay touchdown! Even Oliver likes it. I know, he is only 4 months old but, he watches it and gets all excited....he talks more, kicks his legs :) We are going to have to get some updated Packer gear over here. I said in the beginning of the season that if they went to the superbowl, then I would get an Aaron Rodgers jersey (their QB).

Anyway, things are going well for us.....a little tough, but we will get through it. Eric has been working long hours and I am finally working full weeks. I miss being home with the boys, but my family needs me to work right now. The boys are growing like crazy! Jamie had to go to the ER the other week, poor kid. He tripped on some toys he was playing with and hit his eyebrow on the banister :( I was at work when that happened...I don't think I could have handled that. He didn't need stitches thankfully. They just put some liquid skin stuff on it. He didn't even have a bruise or a bump! Then, last week I took him in to see the doctor about his ear. He had tubes put in last May, but he was pulling at his left ear and saying that it hurt for a few days. I would rather be safe than sorry. His ears were clear and everything looked fine. I just figured it was bugging him because he is getting all 4 of his two year molars right now. This morning that same ear was draining....so, time for some drops and hopefully that clears things up. They weighed him last week and he is an even 35 pounds! I couldn't believe that. At his 2 year check-up which was the beginning of October, he was 32 pounds.....and he had been that weight for a few months. Oliver saw the doctor a couple of weeks ago and was 16 pounds and almost 27 inches. He had been crying hard, like something was hurting him. He had fluid in his ears so I'm thinking that was his issue. The doc suggested that we take a break from the rice cereal. I knew that wasn't the issue, just because the screaming had started before the cereal, but we tried it. Taking the cereal out, added another bottle to his schedule, and even a couple 10 ounce bottles. Then, all of sudden, the screaming stopped. We have been back on the cereal and oatmeal for while now. He loves it! I even gave him some peas the other day. We also started Jamie on food when he was 4 months old. I can't keep up with the formula! I only gave him a little bit and he did fine. He didn't spit anything up and didn't cry anymore than usual. He has his 4 month check-up next week.

I think it is time for a little snack and then bed in a bit. I have bronchitis and really enjoy my extra sleep! I had to see the doc last week also....man, sometimes I feel like we live there! I went on Thursday and she wrote me a note to be excused from work that day and Friday....I didn't even go in there looking for that, I just wanted help with my breathing! I did enjoy the time off and I really needed it. I got some nice naps in and extra sleep at night and that helped. Tomorrow at work will be a little rough, but I'll get by! The more I move, the more my chest hurts and the whole breathing issue comes into play. But, I got some inhalers and those will be close by :) Have a good night all!

1 comment:

  1. We are Packers fans here too! My Mom is from WI. :-) Thinking I am going to have to make Karson some sort of Packers gear for the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete