Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lables

I don't like them, I don't like putting them on people, and I don't want my kids to have to have them. My two year old has an appointment with his doctor this week so we can discuss him possibly having ADHD. I have been ignoring the signs for a while. Well, I have noticed them, but just said it was him being a 2 year old. I have been doing lots of research on the matter and it is like they are talking about my little man! I know, looking on the internet is not always a good idea. I know a lot of what he does is very typical for his age, but not to the magnitude that he does them. When he was one, I noticed that when he got angry or frustrated, he would hit himself. I thought it was a faze, but it hasn't ended. I don't like to yell, but lets face it, it happens sometimes! Anyway, Jamie does not react well to yelling, he seems to get more frustrated. I also noticed that when he was one. We have to talk to him in a calm voice and that seems to calm him down. He is the most active 2 year I have ever seen! And I have been around a lot of kids. The kid never stops! When he does manage to sit, it isn't for very long and he is always moving something. I want to get him help, but at the same time, this is my Jamie! He did something the other week (that I won't go into detail about) that scared us half to death. That was about all we could take. I know that the doctors won't make a formal diagnosis since he is only 2, but we needs tools on how to make things easier for all of us. I want to jump on this before he starts school. I would like to keep him off of medication.....of course, when he gets to school and absolutely needs it, then that is a different story. I posted something on BlogFrog asking for advice and I was surprised at how many parents are going through the same thing, and with their 2 and 3 year olds. I was happy to see that, but at the same time not happy just because that meas there are a lot of kids out there with this problem. But....I feel silly for talking about this or worrying about it because there are so many kids out there facing things that are much more serious than ADHD. Anyway, I am hoping to get some answers on Friday. I can see that Jamie is frustrated also, as are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment