Monday, November 19, 2012

Update

I thought I should just write a new post about the past few days instead of adding it to the one I just posted.  It would help if I would actually finish a post the day I started it! 

The nurse finally called me back Wednesday night and pretty much told me the same thing I heard on Monday!  I was so confused and upset.  Luckily, I saw our doctor that night (he happens to go to our church) and asked about switching Oliver's asthma medicine.  He was said that was a good idea and was upset with his nurses.  He said that the message he got was pretty much the same thing he got on Monday.....you have got to be kidding me!  I told him I was sorry for bugging him at church and he told me not to worry about it.  We need to get his cough under control and he doesn't mind.  I don't really feel like his cough is any better, maybe at times, but he still wakes up once or twice at night coughing super hard and needs a breating treatment.  He was outside playing today and was coughing from that.  I will give it another week though because the Zantac needs two weeks to fully kick in.  He is still sleeping a lot.  I know he much be behind on sleep, but it just seems a little much.  He slept til 10 yesterday and still went down for a nap at 3.  Today, he slept til a little after 10:30, went down for a nap around 3 and we had to wake him up for supper and he was still tired.  I just feel bad for him and wish that I could get him feeling better.  We had Wendy's for supper the other night (so healthy, I know!) and Oliver had nuggets and fries.  He ate all four of the nuggets and most of the fries....he has never eaten all of the nuggets, ever!  I'm hoping that the Zantac is helping with things.  We've noticed that he doesn't make his "hurt" face when he swallows as much as before and just the fact that he has been eating more!  I have a lot of questions for his feeding therapist tomorrow!  Jamie had his hearing tested and has super hearing.  I am happy about that, but we still don't have an answer about the super sensitivity to sound.  But, at least we don't have to deal with any hearing issues.  We got another project done on the house yesterday.  We had a screened in porch and it was nice, but the screens were old and it was getting to the point where we either took them down or replaced them.  It would not have been cheap to replace them.  We took them down and put up a railing.  My friend's husband came over and helped Eric get it done.  It looks so nice!  I started decorating it today for Christmas :)  I'm making some progress on getting the house clean.  I haven't done a ton, but I've done some things....haha!  The kitchen is the big deal.  It seems like that darn room can never stay clean.  I hope to get more done in there tomorrow, but it is Monday and not much else gets done on Mondays after all the running around we do.  I will get my butt in there and get something done though.  I need it clean before Thanksgiving....so I can mess it up again!  I am very thankful to be feeling a little better and by a little, I mean just that.  I have not thrown up in about 2 weeks, but I feel sick all day, everyday.....which I will take over the being sick!  Fighting that urge to throw up gets tricky when you are trying to clean.  I'm trying to figure out a system that works.  In the living room, I sit a lot and crawl around when I clean.  That may sound a bit silly, but that way I don't bend over a lot and that helps.  If I can only clean for 10 minutes and then need a break for a bit, that is ok!  I have some bad news.....our kitty passed away :(  He was fine one day and the next, not so much.  He was living in his own room because Oliver is terrified of cats.  My sister was going to take the cat because we really needed that room he was in.  Now, I will get my playroom before Christmas.  I am very excited to get my living room and dining room back.  The toys will have their special place, a place that has a door and I can close it and it won't affect the rest of the house!  Alright, time to head to my comfy bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment