Sunday, November 4, 2012

Some Updates

**I started this the other week!  Sorry for the delay :)

How about some updates on some handsome little boys!?

Oliver: He is doing wonderful!  His therapy is working wonders.  I think we started in July and he like a new kid.  He went from grunts and a few words, some of which were only parts of the word, to tons, and tons of words and four and five word sentences!  My mom said he is talking so much more than he was at the end of August when we were there.  I have people tell me all the time how much of a difference they see.  Eric's mom can't get over it when he talks because people really haven't heard his voice much before!  His balance is getting better.  We are still working on the water issue, but there have been improvements in that area also.  He still won't take a bath though.  He will play with the water table at therapy.  He won't stick his hands in and splash around, but he will take the shovel and try to get the balls out.  Last week, he did stick his finger in the water a couple of times!  We always have to emphasize that getting wet is ok or getting something else wet is ok, you can just dry it off or shake it off.  He has one more appointment next week and then his therapist said to give him some time off and see how he does.  She is very happy with all the progress he has made.  He is in feeding therapy and will continue that for a while yet.  He will eat some foods during therapy that he normally doesn't, but he gets to see a wind up toy and he loves those!  He will also need a swallow test done.  This is basically a low grade x-ray video of him eating.  He makes this face, like it hurts or is tough to swallow on almost anything he eats.  I'm hoping that this test shows something, nothing horrible of course, but just something to help us out.  He also all of sudden knows a ton of colors.  He will find balls or toys and tell me the color!  If he gets it wrong, I just tell him to look again and will ask the color again...he gets it then!  He has been saying opposites also.  He will stand up and say "up", then sit down and say "down."  He was riding a toy the other day and put part of it under the table and he said "in" then backed out and said "out."  I'm so happy that we were able to find him help and his therapist is awesome!

Jamie:  He is 4 years old and I can't believe that!  He is in preschool three days a week and is loving it.  He has a few kids in his class that can be challenging at times, but he is handling it like a pro.  I just wish he was that good when he is home!  The past two weeks have been a struggle with him.  We are being really careful with his diet, so I know it isn't that.  I am going to take him to the chiropractor and get him adjusted. I honestly think that has something to do with it.  He has also started Fireflies at church.  I know he likes it, but he doesn't really do any of the singing...which is fine...but I think he gets nervous in front of people. He has also been doing gymnastics for about a month.  He has a lot of fun with that and is starting to feel more comfortable doing things.  Last week he finally jumped from the board into a pit of foam.  I think the height freaked him out a little, but he got his courage up and did it!  He is very excited to be getting a new brother or sister.  He likes to sit by me and lay on my belly.  He will rub and say hi.  He remembers when I was pregnant with Oliver.  He seems to be excited about a lot of things lately.  He sees toys and wants everything!  I told him that he can't get any toys at the store right now, otherwise Santa will have nothing to get for him.  Telling him that really seemed to help.  He doesn't beg!  He does have a mighty long list for Santa so now we have to talk about how he won't get everything that he wants.  He is still all about superheros.  He was Thor for Halloween :)  A new love of his is the Chronicles of Narnia.  Eric has been telling him the stories at night before bed.  I didn't even know this.  One day, we caught the last part of the first movie on TV and Jamie knew the names of the people and the lion!  So far, we have watched the first two movies and need to do the third.  He talks a lot....a lot...during the movie but still manages to pay attention.  Eric is trying to find his book so he can actually read the stories to him.

New Baby:  I may only be 13 weeks, but this baby is a mover!  Call me crazy, but I first started feeling movements a couple of weeks ago.  It wasn't all the time, but it was definitely baby. 

I know these posts are boring without pictures.  I need to put a lot on the computer and hopefully I will get that done this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment