Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reality

Ok, let's be real here.  Being pregnant is not as glamorous as portrayed in movies!  Some of us feel like crap all day, have weird pains everywhere, there are potty issues, all the tiredness, the throwing up...which is especially fun when it is something different every time, the crazy heartburn, then there are the boobs!  Oh my word!  Then, if you have kids, you need to chase them around, try to make meals, try to clean the house and remember or even feel like taking a shower that day.  I really like when my little one decides to wake up at 7 and then proceed to wake up his brother!  My boys usually sleep til at least 9.  My house looks like a tornado went through it.  A few weeks ago, I watched the movie, What to Expect When You Are Expecting.....love it!  There is one woman who just has the "prefect" pregnancy and it really ticks off another lady who is having a miserable time.  The second lady talked about how things can suck and not be fun and so many ladies loved it.  I loved how that movie had so many real things in it.  We may be absolutely miserable, but yet we keep having more.  Funny how that works!  I really do enjoy that little bundle I get in the end.  Holding that baby, looking in their eyes, snuggling, it all makes up for the horrible 9 months I had :) 

I heard the little one's heartbeat today!  After hearing that, everything seems real.  Those first weeks, it is hard to believe it is true, but that heartbeat, that changes all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment